Ten Reasons to Love Dental Implants
An implant has practically the same chewing force as a natural tooth
- The strength of chewing with a denture accounts for only 1/20 of natural teeth. In contrast, the implant has the same strength of chewing as a natural tooth. Therefore, with an implant, you can chew hard food well.
Economical and semi-pernament durability
- Implants can be used for as long as 10 – 30 years depending on the care.
Feels like a natural tooth
Implant has excellent esthetic function, since it looks and feels like a natural tooth.
Protection of adjacent teeth
- With a bridge, your healthy adjacent teeth will be affected. An implant is placed only in the gap where the lost tooth was located; however, adjacent teeth are not damaged.
Relief from the discomfort of wearing dentures
You can be relieved from the periodontal pain, discomfort, and bad breath that are related to wearing dentures.
As Comfortable as a natural tooth
An implant is permanent, since it is attached to the alveolar bone like a natural tooth.
No chance of a cavity
- There is no chance of the implant developing cavities because it is an artificial tooth.
maintenance of healthy jawbone
- If you wear dentures for a long time, your jawbone can deteriorate. In contrast, implant placement makes the bone strong and prevents it from being absorbed by the body.
chewing remains an enjoyable experience
- With an implant, you can feel the temperature and texture of foods.
increase denture stability
In the case of a full denture, it can be fixed firmly after the implant is placed; hence the absence of movement in the mouth.
What can Dental Implants Do?
losing teeth, you can actually start to look old. Losing a tooth is pretty serious. The longer you wait after a tooth is extracted, the more difficult and expensive it can become to make the replacement you need. With very few exceptions, it is better to replace missing teeth as soon as possible. Evolution designed you to chew your food with 28 teeth.
I will discuss with you the best type of dental implant replacement that will restore your mouth to health. My office is located in Burbank, California.
You can choose to do nothing at all and leave the space or spaces…this is not usually recommended. You can have a fixed replacement made that could be an implant, a conventional bridge (crowns/caps), a dental implant overdenture or a combination of implants and bridges. The advantages of the fixed replacements are that they are not designed to come out of your mouth at any time, they are the easiest to live with, feel more like the original teeth, and are more cosmetic than removable dentures.
A removable partial denture is held in place by metal clasps that may be visible. It is bulkier and may interfere with your speech for a period of time. However, generally, dentures cost less than a fixed replacement.
Your jawbone and teeth were meant to function in a particular fashion. The interaction is complex and marvelous. Loss of teeth degrades this function. Preserve your health. Replace missing teeth as soon as possible!